A web application is software designed and developed to cater to the specific needs of a user. Web applications are made accessible on a web server and can be used through any internet-connected device, such as phones, desktops, and laptops. Online banking, online gaming applications, email services, and ecommerce websites are a few examples of common web applications. Application development is the process of designing, creating, deploying, and managing web applications. Application development is a standardized process that runs through various stages. The basic stages of application development are as follows:
- Planning & Analysis
- Design & Construction
- Competitive Pricing low overhead and high efficiency make our cost and value very competitive compared to other firms of all sizes
The process of application development has undergone several changes in the past few decades to minimize procedural and technical complexities. Numerous standardized application development methodologies have come up in recent years that need to be handled by specialized teams and highly-skilled web professionals. Keep reading to know more about specific two important types of web applications:
A mobile application is an application software created to be installed on a mobile phone i.e a smartphone or tablet PC. Mobile apps, as they are commonly known, are software units with a limited capacity as opposed to the apps developed for desktop computers. Mobile application technology has been one of the fastest-growing technologies in the past decade. The explosion in the number and variety of applications has developed into large and diverse areas. Some highly-popular mobile applications are as follows:
- Mobile gaming applications
This is the most widely installed application category across the world. Big organizations have been investing massive amounts of time and money into developing online versions of highly-popular indoor and outdoor games that can easily run on mobile phones.
- Educational applications
This category consists of applications that enable mobile phone users to learn valuable academic skills and acquire new educational information from a remote geographical location.
- Business or productivity applications
The market of these applications has been growing exponentially in the past few years as users prefer to use their mobile phones to execute specific day-to-day tasks such as booking tickets, making online payments, or tracking their work progress.
- M-commerce applications
This is one of the most commonly used mobile application categories, especially among youngsters. These applications enable the user to enjoy an unlimited shopping experience from the comfort of home.
- Entertainment applications
Watching entertaining video content, connecting with friends, and getting access to a wide variety of streaming applications becomes so convenient with this app category.
Custom Software Applications
- Custom software is software that is designed to cater to a specific set of needs of a client such as an online banking app constructed to fulfil the peculiar requirements of a bank and its customers. Custom software is tailored as per a client’s exact requirements and is entirely controlled by the client. Custom software development is the process of building, implementing, and managing software to meet the requirements of specific users or organizations. A custom software is built to fulfil a defined set of requirements as against commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) that has broad applicability.
If you are looking for a reliable platform that can develop customized web applications for your business, contact InfoSmart Technology Inc . Our strong team of competent application development experts will provide you with easy-to-use, affordable, and efficient web applications.